[NFBV-Winchester] Apple blossom parade float update

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:47:49 UTC 2022

Hello Chapter members,
Jim and I had a opportunity to go look at the float that we have been assigned for the parade. It is pink and green and white. It has roses and the entire float is decorated and has a bridge that goes over.
The parade will be held on Saturday, April 30. It kicks off at 1:30 PM. I'm still getting details as to where we will load onto the float. The Chapter will also be providing green or pink T-shirts for those who are riding. They will have the NFB logo with National Federation of the Blind Virginia. We also ordered two additional banners that will go with the float. It will be our logo with the circle of the six stick people with canes.
We have 15 seats available. Whatever seats we have left over, we will give the opportunity for other Federation across Virginia to participate. It will be on a first come first serve basis. I will be sending out an email to the affiliate list very soon.
Below are the current people that have committed. I need you to commit, if not I will be able to give the space to another person that's interested.
Please let me know by the end of this month. The following people have committed.

Jackie Brown and granddaughter
Jim and Chris Walker
Wayne Williams
David Bagget and Daughter?
Sandi and John Halverson
That's it for now. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Chris Walker
President, Winchester Chapter
540.303.0080
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
www.nfb.org
www.nFBV.org
Find and like us on Facebook National Federation of the Blind of Virginia Winchester Chapter
Follow us on Twitter NFBV Winchester Chapter
Blindness does not hold us back. Living the life you want means going after your dreams and shattering low expectations
Using the word blind has power. When we say blind we mean a functional definition that includes individuals with varying degrees of blindness. It’s ok and respectable to be blind.