[NFBV-Winchester] NFB Winchester June Meeting Invitation (Agenda included)

James Shobert jrshober at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 11:07:42 UTC 2023

Hello Friends and Family.

Our next chapter meeting will be held this Saturday, June 17th, 2023, from
10am - 11:30am at Solenberger Hardware, 832 Berryville ave. For those
unable to attend in-person, you are invited to attend virtually using our
NEW zoom platform service. Everyone is warmly welcome to attend.

Instructions for attending virtually have changed, so please read the
instructions below carefully:

Click the link below if joining via a computer or phone app.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

If calling in via phone you can use

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592, 8297256345#

 or

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Please announce yourself upon entering the room so we can welcome you!

*June 2023 Agenda: *

*Call to Order*

*NFB Pledge* - I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the
National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and
security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the
Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

Take a few moments in silence in honor of Carolyn Zdziera, our member who
passed away.

*Ice-breaker: *

Collect funds for annual membership: $5.00

Reading Meeting minutes from previous month

Motion from President Chris Walker to donate funds towards sensory trail at
Jim Barnett Park.

Treasurer Report by Jackie Brown

*Reports from chapter committees:*

Communication committee Report

-       NFB Email created: NFBVWinchesterChapter at gmail.com

-       Created Mastodon account. Handle is NFBvwinchester.

As discussed in last meeting, Per president Riccobono, certain actions have
been taken, which leads us to think Twitter is no longer accessible to low
vision blind community. Our chapter still maintains presence on facebook
and twitter.

Technology committee report

-       Wayne also added information to shared nfb doc regarding helpful
apps. We can share at conclusion of meeting

Additional plug: Seeking new members interested in the Communication and
technology committee. In addition, we are going to be soliciting for new
board members and other vacancies. Please consider running as we need all
hands on deck to reach out community. Any Questions?

National Convention is July 1-6 in houston Texas. Information for those
wanting to attend virtually. Register ASAP: Click here for link to register:
 https://nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=573

State convention: information for those wanting to attend. Its in
Williamsburg, VA at the Double Tree Hotel, November 2-5. If enough people
are interested in attending, maybe we can coordinate group transportation.

Summer Luncheon: Where should we have meeting and when? Maybe July or
August?

*Open Forum:*

Projects to solicit new membership:

Solicit for any additional action item?

Closing thoughts if time permits:

Meeting adjournment
--
Respectfully,

James Shobert
Vice President | Chair Communication Committee
National Federation of the Blind, Winchester Chapter
Cell Phone: 989-992-7932
email: Jrshober at gmail.com