[NFBV-Winchester] Update on our treasurer Jim Walker

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 00:12:05 UTC 2023

Federation family,
I wanted to update everybody on Jim's progress. Unfortunately he had to go back into the intensive care unit on Monday, February 27, 2023.
His pressures had dropped and they had to resuscitate him and put him back on the ventilator with the trach. This morning, March 11 the nurse called me and advised that he had been moved to a regular room.
He is definitely talking again with the trach and speaking valve and they will move forward again with his speech therapist to help with his swallowing. The main goal is to get the trach off and the bedsore  Healed up. They did a procedure to get the bedsore fixed.
I was able to visit him last week. This definitely has been one heck of a roller coaster ride and I want to thank everybody for hanging in there with us.
Much love to you all and please keep Jim in your prayers.

Chris Walker
President, Winchester Chapter
540.303.0080
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com

www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org

Find and like us on Facebook:
National Federation of the blind Virginia Winchester Chapter

Find us on Twitter:
Winchester Chapter NFB of Virginia

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.