[nfbwatlk] Congratulations and Thank You

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 06:25:19 UTC 2008

Congratulations to Kay Burrows for pulling off another wonderful Holiday Party,

While she did not do it alone (Josie & Todd, Denise, James & Mary
Helen and the staff at the Outback Steakhouse), she coordinated and
put all those finishing touches on it. While the party was a little
quieter than usual (Ben and Jim you weren't there and we could tell)
everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I think that this has been a very
busy year for people and that we were all happy to enjoy eachothers
company and good food. The gift exchange went well and so did the
50/50 raffle (I swear I did not rig it!). We raised $60 for the
chapter and ...er...um.. I went home with $60 in my pocket as I had
the winning ticket.

Again, thank you to Todd & Josie for the beautiful poinsetias. Thank
you to James and Mary Helen for matching the chapter funds and helping
everyone have some really nice gift bag with lots of goodies inside.
Denise helped with the gift exchange tickets and Darius and Kaitlynn
and Nathan were the runners for the prizes.

Keooy O'Brian played the biolin for us. She did a beautiful job and we
all enjoyed it. Doug was there to help collect the money and pay the
bill.

Now rest up and enjoy the rest of the holidays. We have a great event
planned for the beginning of the year to start our 2009 off with a
bang! Details coming soon.

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!

Kris Lawrence
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter