[nfbwatlk] For those who may not know

Mackenstadt, Gary Gary.Mackenstadt at ed.gov
Wed Oct 29 14:01:16 UTC 2008

Bob, I think it is great that you have decided to run for president of
the NFBW.  I going to be honest with you and state clearly that I will
not be supporting you.  Quite frankly, Bob, in the twenty-eight years I
have known you, you have never shown me any capacity to take over this
affiliate.  I am particularly concerned about your lack of understanding
with respect to the treasury.  We currently have about sixty thousand
dollars at our disposal.  It is true that fundraising is down.  This is
true with all affiliates.  The alternatives are limited, and you of all
people should know that -- if you intend to be a serious candidate.  I
would suggest that you talk to people in NFB headquarters, and you may
find it educational.  By the way, I assume that you have spoken with Dr.
Maurer about running.  If you have not, you are demonstrating a further
misunderstanding of this organization.