[nfbwatlk] Seattle Chapter meetings

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:24:47 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I want to take a moment and say thank you to Kay Burrows for
coordinating with those coming over to the Kitsap / Bremerton / Port
Orchard area for our August meeting. Kay Burrows, Mary Vadien, Ron
Snyder, James J, and Mary Helen Schrieber met up with Marty Cartwright
and myself in Bremerton last Saturday. We originally thought we would
have lunch at the Waterfront Park next to the Bremerton ferry
terminal. There is also a Naval Museum next to the ferry terminal and
anyone wishing to coordinate a tour with me in the future would be
most welcome. However, with a small group, we decided to take the
Kitsap Foot Ferry on over to APort Orchard.

Once in Port Orchard, Marty and I showed everyone around. We made a
bee line to a local hang out called Moondogs Too. There we enjoyed a
wonderful lunch, a drink and listened to some great live music. We
then stopped by the shop that Marty Cartwright offers massage at and I
offer a few products of my own. Then we showed them to our other
favorite downtown shop "The Fudge Shop" where most everyone enjoyed a
free sample of fudge and took a little sweet stuff home. Everyone got
back on the foot ferry and over to Bremerton to make their way home. I
hope all had as much fun as I did.

Thanks for all those who were able to attend and hope we can do it again soon.

Kris Colcock