[nfbwatlk] New Portable Braille Labeller Focus Groups

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:33:55 UTC 2009

Hello All,

This is VERY short notice but I hope you can help spread the word ASAP.

This weekend, Thursday August 20 - Tuesday 25, you will have an
opportunity to give feedback on a new Portable Braille Labeler that is
being produced and getting ready to go on the market soon. This
labeler uses the usual dymo tape, but is battery operated so those of
us with limited strencth in our hands can have crisp dymo braille for
labels.

Go to www.braillelabeller.net to check out the product.

Who is invited?: Those who use braille to label things. Parents of
blind children. Teachers of the blind. Blind adults. Blind kids.
Anyone who wants to label things in braille

Where: There are focus groups being held at the Lighthouse and at the
Seattle Central Library.

When: The lighthouse focus groups are during the work day. Saturday,
opportuities start at 10:30am - 5:00 pm

How long: Each person will be given about 20 minutes to check out the
prototype and give feedback.

How do I sign up? Call me at 206-854-3025 or email me at tishgifts at gmail.com

Each meeting will be a one on one type of meeting. I encourage all who
can to sign up for a chance to see this device. If you can use a
Perkins Brailler or Braille Note or anything with a "braille"
keyboard, you can use this device. I am prety excited about this new
labeler and I think this is a great opportunity to give our feedback
BEFORE the device is put into production.

Kris Colcock
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter
205-854-3025
tishgifts at gmail.com