[nfbwatlk] Funding of blindness skills training center

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Mar 4 04:37:32 UTC 2009

Exactly right. Moreover, in any hearing contesting a client's request to
attend an out-of-state center, the rehab agency *must* include the cost
of attending its own center when trying to justify why it's balking at
fulfilling the client's request. That is, it cannot use the argument
that its center is already paid for.

On another related topic, I learned last weekend that as part of the
Economic Stimulus Package, rehab agencies will be getting a one-time
windfall of approximately 20% of their Federal match in addition to what
they already receive. I intend to inform LouOma and Don Alvesheer of
this and ask if they've taken this into consideration.

Mike Freeman