[nfbwatlk] opening up the Vending can of worms

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Sun Mar 8 07:46:40 UTC 2009

Hi,
Well, here I go opening up a can of worms the like I may not know, since I am originally not from Washington.  Maybe you can fill me in???  Maybe there are other answers???  I am shocked!!!

I inquired about the possibility of having vending machines as possible part-time employment.  I was told that in Washington they don't have machines, just cafeterias and gift shops.

I asked about possible locations near where I live and I was told that there is only one and that is in Everett, and that none of the public buildings in Marysville are large enough to have a lucrative vending business.

And the clincher; I was told that the vendors' group voted not to allow any more new vending facilities.

W H A T?  Someone has got to be kidding!
Thanks
Lauren
When rays of sunlight break through the clouds on a gloomy day, it is
a welcome reminder that the sun is always shining--whether I see it or
not.--from Daily Word, author unknown
CATLINES has moved to a blog at:
bizcats.blogs.com/catlines/
Visit us at our catly site: