[nfbwatlk] Raffal ticket printing services was: Setting the Record Straight

Mike Mello mike at mello.com
Wed Aug 4 03:34:20 UTC 2010

Hello all:
I found this site to print my raffal tickets for Seattle.

http://www.ticketprinting.com/Raffle-Tickets

the total cost with shipping was around $35.00 for 300 tickets.

The text I used was something like:

iPod Touch
64 GB (3rd Generation)
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
www.nfbw.org

the stub is removable and has lines for name, phone, address, and email. It also has the ticket number so this is printed on both parts of the ticket.
the back has a bar code so it can not be copyed
the thought is that we can have people put as much info as they want so that we can contact them.
Thanks.
-Mike Mello
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:37:32 -0700, Freeman,Mike - TOSD-DITT-2 wrote:

>Dear all:

>I understand that there are a few ruffled feelings re the conference call the other day. While this is understandable, no slight was intended by me nor were the circumstances as simple as might be
believed.

>First, the call was for NFBW Board members and chapter presidents. Discussion of fund-raising was not the primary purpose of the call; we started out discussing affiliate finances and the method
for evaluating and administering grants to assist individuals to attend the fall convention. The discussion morphed into a fund-raising discussion. It seemed inappropriate to me to end the call, thereby
suppressing discussion when there was considerable enthusiasm.

>The bottom line is that people came up with a fund-raiser spontaneously. In my book, that's a cause for celebration. While I regret any hurt feelings, the Movement is bigger than any one of us and
I submit that we should figure out ways to manufacture tickets for the drawing (I'm working on this for the Clark County chapter but could always use ideas and assistance) and sell those tickets!