[nfbwatlk] Fw: FDA clears first implantable telescope for vision

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:29:53 UTC 2010

Hi Mike, yeah, I see that, but after having worked with some
elderly folks, many of them were unable to leave their homes--not
so much because of their blindness but because of other
debilitating issues--not having good balance, not hearing well,
and in this rural area, having no transportation.  If someone is
80 and or 85 and loves to read and can't get out of their house,
(once they get the costs down and know more) which they will, I
can't see the harm.  But for now it will be too costly for most
of the people I know, anyway.    Peace,    Debby