[nfbwatlk] Seattle's May Highlights

Kay Burrows theladykathryn4one at juno.com
Wed May 19 19:47:46 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Here are the highlights of our May meeting.

This was our first meeting at the new location a wonderful coffee shop in
Seattle's Bell Town neighborhood.  We had a good turn out and no one
mentioned any difficulty in finding the new location.  The coffee was really
good and the staff was helpful, but not smothery.  Our new president, Mike
Mello, has created "Team Seattle" to help us reach our "Race for
Independence" goals.  Tickets for the wine tasting event were distributed as
well as posters.  The event is on Saturday June the 5th from 7:30 to 9:30 at
the E.B. Foote Winery  127-B SW 153rd in Burien.  Pricing is $20 for first
ticket $15 for each additional.  All are welcome.  Speaking of all being
welcome, our annual picnic will be held on Saturday July 24th.  $10
admission.  This year Noel Nightingale and her family will be hosting again,
a beautiful and convenient location.   We spent a lot of time on discussing
possible fund raisers for the location and otherwise before adjourning.