[nfbwatlk] FW: Sound Transit CEO Report

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:35:31 UTC 2010

 <http://htmlmail.soundtransit.org/ceoreport/images/CEO_MAST_New.png>
October 8, 2010

 <http://htmlmail.soundtransit.org/ceoreport/images/JoniEarl_option1.jpg>

Joni Earl, CEO

IN THIS ISSUE

Conversation with the COP

Link service delays this weekend

Open houses and workshops set

*
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/x78.xml>

Read this newsletter...

on our Web site
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&101&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/x1226.xml>

Want more?

Subscribe here to Sound Transit news and information
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&102&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/x2521.xml>

Conversation with the COP

Earlier this week, I had one of my regular "conversations" with the Sound
Transit Citizen Oversight Panel.

As you may know, the volunteer COP performs a valuable service for the
citizens of this region by monitoring Sound Transit's performance, including
capital and operating budgets and finance plans.

The bulk of our discussion this week was over the agency's recent revenue
forecast that predicts a decline in tax revenues of $3.9 billion through
2023, which is 25 percent lower than what had been forecast when the ST2
plan was approved in 2008. Because it is no longer possible to complete the
entire ST2 program of projects within the original 15-year time frame, the
Board is considering a "program realignment" of the ST2 plan, including some
service reductions on underperforming bus routes.

As I told the COP, however, the good news is that we still have the
resources to continue expanding the regional transit system, including light
rail, commuter rail and express bus service.

I also updated the COP on organizational changes as well as current policy
and project issues.

Link service delays this weekend

A quick note that because of track maintenance, our Central Link light rail
trains will operate about every 30-35 minutes on Saturday and Sunday
mornings from the start of service until 9:30 a.m.

Track maintenance will also temporarily close the southbound platforms at
Beacon Hill, Mt. Baker, Columbia City and Othello stations. During this
closure, passengers will board trains on the northbound platform.

Open houses and workshops set

We've scheduled a public hearing and several open houses around the region
for you to learn about and comment on the service and project realignments
proposed for 2011 and beyond.

As I mentioned above, the forecast decline in revenues means the Board is
considering a realignment of the ST2 plan, including some service reductions
on underperforming bus routes.

For a list of the upcoming open houses and to learn about the proposed
service changes, visit our website www.soundtransit.org/sip
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&103&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/sip>  and read the agency's draft Service Implementation
Plan or Regional Transit News.

Also, if you are unable to attend the meetings, you can comment by mail to
401 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA 90104 or via e-mail at
fastride at soundtransit.org.

Budget and project realignment information is available on online at
www.soundtransit.org/budget
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&104&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/budget> . You can comment by mail to 401 S. Jackson St.,
Seattle, WA 90104 or via e-mail at budget2011 at soundtransit.org.

The Sound Transit Board on Thursday:

*	Heard a staff report on the development of our Transit-Oriented
Development Strategic Plan, which led to a good discussion about the
agency's various roles with TOD, how we work with local jurisdictions and
value public benefits when deciding on surplus properties.
*	Heard CFO, Brian McCartan, and staff provide a detailed overview of
the updated 2009-2023 Finance Plan, assuming the proposed Program
Realignment.
*	Confirmed that staff will go to the full Board on Oct. 28 for
discussion and possible action on the Start program policy and budget for
ST2.

All rights reserved Sound Transit 2010

Sound Transit | 401 South Jackson Street | 1-800-823-9230

You are subscribed to the CEO Report for Sound Transit. You can update or
cancel your subscription at any time by clicking here
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&105&&&https://serv
ice.govdelivery.com/service/user.html?code=WASOUND> . If you have any
questions please contact support at govdelivery.com . Please visit our Web site
for information about Copyright Information and our Privacy Policy
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyM
TQmbWVzc2FnZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyNzY2N
DE2MDMmZW1haWxpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAa
G90bWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&106&&&http://www.s
oundtransit.org/x2560.xml> .

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of Sound Transit . 401 South Jackson St
. Seattle WA 98104 . 206-398-5000

<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTEwMzIyMTQmbWVzc2Fn
ZWlkPVBSRC1CVUwtMTAzMjIxNCZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmdHlwZT1vcGVuJnNlcmlhbD0xMjc2
NjQxNjAzJmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0
QGhvdG1haWwuY29tJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=>