[nfbwatlk] FW: [Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Dec 16 19:35:22 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of James Kelm
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 12:12 PM
To: Blind Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

I did want to offer a positive detail to this story.  My wife and I went
this week to another, competitor, blood donating facility.  They not only
accepted me, but were extremely nice and welcoming, and told me that they
had several blind donators.  For curiosity, I also telephoned a number of
other places around town.  I did not give them any background, but simply
asked if they accepted visually impaired individuals.  Every one of them
said that they would be happy to accept a blind donor, and actually sounded
a little surprised that I would ask such a question.  So I can only conclude
that the discriminative policy is, at least locally, simply an issue with
the one business.

Your Brother in Christ,
Pastor James Kelm
True Hope Church of Duluth