[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Help determine Seattle's transportation future

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 20:44:14 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3Q5GPeMXyZrzv1E9jTNgu
vU73cK%2FG1Wo>

Dear  everyone ,

If you were given nearly $7 million dollars for transportation improvements
in Seattle, how would you spend it? Would you fix all the potholes? What
about the Ballard Bridge?

It's no secret that there are more transportation needs than there is
funding. Now is your chance to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3vMiLT01zvo11rRsJiyoB
PU73cK%2FG1Wo> communicate your transportation priorities!

Seattle's
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KHb0hMBILUc2NnCqg6KZr
vU73cK%2FG1Wo> Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee III (CTAC) is
holding
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PoMf9Llvyannl162Ep34%
2BvU73cK%2FG1Wo> three public workshops at the end of May, a perfect chance
for you to tell the City what you care about and how you would like to see
our transportation dollars spent.

Date / time: Monday, May 23 / 5:30 - 7:30pm
Location: Southwest Library, Meeting Room (
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Swrx2Mxayl1mKqC4PEu%2
B3fU73cK%2FG1Wo> 9010 35th Ave SW)
Councilmember Tom Rasmussen in attendance

Date / time: Tuesday, May 24 / 5:30 - 7:30pm
Location: Fremont Library, Meeting Room (
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Sn9skikjKiptxCI3ri9t%
2FvU73cK%2FG1Wo> 731 N 35th St)
Mayor Mike McGinn in attendance

Date / time: Thursday, May 26 / 5:30 - 7:30pm
Location: Washington Middle School, Cafeteria (
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5hLridkHwfg5Rr2WTZm5s
PU73cK%2FG1Wo> 2101 S Jackson St)
Mayor Mike McGinn in attendance

The first task of CTAC III is to propose a project list and spending plan
for anticipated revenues generated by the $20 annual vehicle license fee
through the
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rY28OkTc3FUSL7jzGwtQh
fU73cK%2FG1Wo> Seattle Transportation Benefit District.

The second task is to undertake a full review of the City's transportation
funding system, and evaluate and examine the potential for a ballot measure
asking Seattle voters to fund additional transportation projects.

If you can't make any of these meetings, CTAC III still wants to hear from
you!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dh7hAolqV7eF998j06GgV
vU73cK%2FG1Wo> Submit your comments or take the online survey here.

Thanks for all of your good work.

Sincerely,

  <http://www.cascade.org/braking_news/img/david_sig.gif>

David Hiller
Advocacy Director
Cascade Bicycle Club

  _____

As a participant in club activities, you will occasionally receive pertinent
messages from us regarding cycling news, advocacy alerts and event updates.
We do not sell or otherwise share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FSbwet3UHzlc1NNSH7WtK
PU73cK%2FG1Wo> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all Cascade advocacy
alerts.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=490871268>

  _____