[nfbwatlk] Turning Up the Heat

Fri Nov 25 21:17:43 UTC 2011

Ok, so I changed the subject line per Noel's demand!

I have been known to put my hand into a fireplace as well, when the log just won't cooperate.

But, anyway, normally, you certainly can tell which space a flat burner is in,  by proximity feel, rather than having to put your hand directly on the flat surface. What I worry about is the things people just drop in flat surfaces on a kitchen counter.  Papers, plastic bags, mail, etc.  Could have a good fire if you turn on the wrong burner, or don't make sure the whole stove surface isn't clear.

/s/

Bennett Prows
-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:38 AM
To: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] Oregon lookstoiPadto makevoting easierforthose withdisabilities, The Oregonian, November 7 2011

Er, um, one puts one's hand *above* the heat unless one is a masochist.
Eventually, one learns the approximate location and dimensions of the
several burners and the whole process becomes second-nature.

But then you're talking to someone who reaches into a fire bare-handed to
adjust the logs (if the poker didn't do the trick).

Mike