[nfbwatlk] Turning Up the Heat

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 05:58:03 UTC 2011

Very good point, Ben!  Best to always look before turning on
heat.  Case in point, Craig and I were living in Vancouver and I
was making dinner one night while Craig was at work.  Whatever I
was making needed to bake in the oven.  It never occurred to me
to look in the oven for pans that would be stored there-but Craig
had stored some pans in the oven.  I turned the appliance on to
preheat, and soon began to smell horrible smells and to hear
crackling sounds from the oven.  Totally panicking, I called 911.
I had recently left my employment at IRS and there we were all
basically "visually impaired" whether we had any vision or not.
So I told the lady that I was visually impaired.  She asked me
what color the smoke was that was coming from the oven.  In total
frustration I said, "I'm BLIND, dammit!  She got it.  So to this
day, Craig teases me about inviting the fire fighters over for
dinner.  Lol.  My fault for not looking in the oven-however he
could also have told me that he was putting some extra pans in
the oven for storage.  Anyway, I think we ended up going out for
dinner that night.  Lol.    Peace,    Debby