[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-master-list] Fwd: Vanda Sleep Study

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 23:53:05 UTC 2011

Gosh Mike, I wish it was that simple.  I've had trouble sleeping
since I was a small child.  I've had trouble when I was doing
aerobics every day, and trouble when I wasn't.  I've tried
sleeping pills, and not had sleeping pills.  I've tried not
taking naps during the day, and fallen asleep at my desk at work.
What if life just isn't as simple as you think?  What if
blindness does affect this part of life for some people?  I've
been so miserable due to lack of sleep that I wanted to die.  So
if this research proves that melatonin levels are affected by
lack of light perception and they can come up with some medicine
that could help people have normal sleep patterns, then I say
yea!  Maybe finally some of us will actually be able to sleep
through the night.  But if it turns out that the researchers are
right, then it will be a myth buster.  See, blindness can't be
"just a nuisance" if it affects something so basic as sleep.  I
know people who have had to retire from jobs because they
couldn't stay awake at work.  That's a little more than a
nuisance to me.  But it's okay, in time we'll know the truth.
And maybe, just maybe the truth will set some of us free from
feeling dragged out all the time.    Peace,    Debby