[nfbwatlk] Meet The Blind Month Events

Mon Oct 17 20:17:49 UTC 2011

A mail auctioneer?  Uh, let's see, an auctioneer that *pushes the *envelope?

OOOPS, supposed to be *main* auctioneer.  (grin.)

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Nightingale, Noel
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 11:31 AM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] Meet The Blind Month Events

Ben:

What is a "mail auctioneer"?

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Prows, Bennett (HHS/OCR)
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 7:55 AM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Meet The Blind Month Events

Hi Listers,

Not sure if the following events qualify for our meet the blind month credits as an affiliate, but thought I'd post them to the list.
1.  On October 8, Doug Johnson's Kiwanis club held its annual auction.  Since he's the treasurer of that august group, he was extremely interested in getting funds raised.  I went to Port Orchard to help out.  After the silent auction, I served as the mail auctioneer for the live portion.  Don't know how much we made, but I understand it was a considerable amount.  Doug reports that the reaction was positive.

Second, and Denise may want to report more on this, but the Sequim chapter of the NFB, VIPS, participated in a blindness and low vision fair last Saturday, October 15.  Gary said it went well, and there were a lot of new people there to learn about what is available at the Vision Center, and in the NFB.

So, we're contributing to this great month anyway.

/s/
Bennett

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/noel.nightingale%40ed.gov