[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} defend public transit

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 22:16:56 UTC 2012

This is from www.defendpublictransit.com

Don’t Let Funding End for Public Transportation! Contact Your Elected Official

Contact Your Elected Official

Tell Congress: “Act now to preserve Public Transportation funding!”

Public transportation funding is in jeopardy and we need you to take action. Write your members of Congress today and tell them:
“Don’t let funding end for public transportation!”

Without Congressional action in the next two months, funding for public transportation will lapse. In fact, federal funding for all surface transportation will lapse unless the House and the Senate can agree on a funding level. Without action, funding will end.
This could lead to massive cutbacks of service and result in an unprecedented nightmare for commuters across the nation.

We need you to write your members and ask them to pass a bill funding public transportation immediately.
Take action today, spread the word and keep up the pressure!