[nfbwatlk] FW:ILRUSurvey: AssistiveTechnology forPeople With Disabilities

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Sun Aug 5 06:14:26 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am so thankful to hear this!  I am one who needs her braille, too!  I can
function using speech, but I still much prefer actually reading braille!

I just got an iPhone so I am struggling with it a little.  I was even having
trouble answering it so I called myself from my landline a few times to get
it down and had a friend of mine call me too.  It would be neat to have
braille with the iPhone.  I probably couldn't afford a refresh-a-braille or
whatever it is.  I haven't heard of them before.  My old BrailleNote has
issues, so I have a feeling it wouldn't sync with the iPhone.
Thanks
Lauren

advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
-- Ralph Nichols
Visit us at catliness.com