[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB stand on Blind Child Area signs?

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:38:37 UTC 2012

Hi Lauren, yeah, I hear you!  And that's what I mean, certainly
blind folks aren't always perfect at judging correctly about when
to cross, but it's hard for me to believe that every time a blind
person is hit by a car that it's the blind person's fault?  Do
way.  But insurance companies and law enforcement are still stuck
with all the stereotypes about blindness.  Hmm.  I just had a
thought.  How hard would it be to get some education about
blindness and other disabilities as part of training that cops go
through?  I know, I know, I'm being idealistic again.  I probably
better stop that.  (Grin).    Peace,    Debby