[nfbwatlk] FW: Goodwill Pays Disabled Employees Less Than Minimum Wage | wusa9.com

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jun 10 04:28:19 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Lewis, Anil
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 8:55 PM
To: Lewis, Anil
Subject: [nfb-talk] Goodwill Pays Disabled Employees Less Than Minimum Wage
| wusa9.com

All:

Visit the following site for a recent news story on the Goodwill boycott.
Remember we are condemning the practice of paying subminimum wages to
workers with disabilities.  If Goodwill adopts a policy of paying their
workers with disabilities the federal minimum wage or more, it will put
pressure on other subminimum wage employers to do the same.  please take the
time to visit the site and to post a comment in support of our efforts.
FaceBook users should like the article, and our Twittter friends should
tweet the link.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/208068/189/Goodwill-Pays-Disabled-Employee
s-Less-than-Minimum-Wage

Goodwill Pays Disabled Employees Less Than Minimum Wage | wusa9.com
Written by
Kristin Fisher

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WUSA) -- One of the most well-known non-profits in the world
is paying some disabled employees less than minimum wage. The National
Federation of the Blind is urging a boycott of Goodwill in hopes it hopes it
will convince the organization to stop this practice, a practice that is
perfectly legal under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/208068/189/Goodwill-Pays-Disabled-Employee
s-Less-than-Minimum-Wage

Anil

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Director of Strategic Communications

"Eliminating Subminimum Wages For People With Disabilities"

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230

(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)