[nfbwatlk] This Saturday's Mariners game

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at q.com
Thu Aug 22 22:08:17 UTC 2013

Here is some information for those attending this Saturday's Mariners game:

If you still need tickets for the Mariners game on Saturday night you have until the end of the day on Friday, August 23rd to get seats in our special NFB chapter fundraiser.n To buy tickets go to www.mariners.com/nfb. Ticket are $25, and there is a $2.50 Ticketmaster service fee if you want to print them at home. You can also pick the up at one of the Will Call windows at the ballpark.

You can listen to the radio broadcast of the game on 710 AM or, if you have a smartphone, use the free 710 ESPN app. Take it from me, the game is pretty boring for a blind person without the play-by-play broadcast.

Our seats are in Section 332; 3rd (or View) level, right above home plate.

Game time is 6:10 p.m.  Gates at Safeco Field open 2 hours beforehand, except for the Center field Gate which opens 2 1/2 hours early (3:40 p.m.) There is an area just inside this gate called The Pen. The concession stands in The Pen have $5 beers and $5 pizza slices (cheap by ballpark standards),  until 5 p.m. There are a few tables in The Pen, but you need to get there when the gates first open in order to get one. You can also just get your food and take it to your seat.

The closest gate to our section is the Home Plate gate at the SE corner of 1st Avenue South and Edgar Martinez Drive South. The Center Field gate is on S. Royal Brougham Way (on the north side of the stadium) near 4th Ave. S.

There are lots of concession stands near our section.

Contact me if you have any other questons about the game. I have been to a lot of games and am happy to answer any questions about the game or getting there.

See you there!

Marci Carpenter