[nfbwatlk] FW: United Blind Industrial workers of America

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jul 21 16:20:53 UTC 2013

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Stivers (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 11:19 PM
Subject: United Blind Industrial workers of America

My fellow federationists,
It is my honor to have been elected as the chairman of the steering
committee for the newly reconstituted United Blind Industrial workers of
America. We will work together to eliminate all subminimum wage payments on
the basis of disability, ensure equal opportunities for advancement for all
blind workers, provide adequate training to blind workers in sheltered
environments who are seeking mainstream employment, and defend the rights of
blind workers who are abused by those who claim to be their protectors.
As of now, the UBIWA is in its earliest stages, and we are looking for
members to give of their time, talent, and eventually treasure to make this
developing division of the federation one of our strongest. Join the mailing
list by sending a blank message to workers-subscribe at ubiwa.org or visit our
website at http://www.ubiwa.org to keep up with developments as they occur.
On behalf of the committee I offer our thanks to the merchants division, the
federation as a whole, Blind Industries and services of Maryland, and the
lawyers division for their generous contributions which will make this
organization possible.
Sincerely,
Thomas Stivers
thomas.stivers at gmail.com