[nfbwatlk] FW: [Chapter-presidents] Read Across America with BRL

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Feb 26 18:31:15 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Chapter-presidents [mailto:chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of April Enderton
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:23 PM
To: chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] Read Across America with BRL

Please distribute to anyone who can benefit from Braille:

			Read Across America with BRL and Enjoy our Everyday
Low Prices Plus a Free BRL Book

Beulah Reimer Legacy, (BRL) announces more ways to put Braille at your
fingertips. Help us celebrate Dr. Seuss's contributions to children's
literature. Friday, February 28through Monday, March 3, BRL is offering one
free print/Braille children's picture book, valued at six dollars, to
everyone who spends thirty dollars or more on our website. Browse our
catalog of over 800 titles of the most popular children's picture books and
stock up on your favorite books and other merchandise.  BRL has one of the
largest collections of print/Braille children's picture books and continues
to add more. We have classic fairy tales, seasonal books, holiday books and
tactile books.
  BRL's mission is to increase Braille literacy and reading opportunities by
placing Braille in the hands of eager readers.
  New to BRL: The Book of the Month. BRL will feature a book of the month on
our website which will sell for five dollars during that particular month.
Our March book of the month is "The Night Before Easter" by Natasha wing.
This book will go on sale Friday, February 28 and remain at five dollars
through March 31.

  All of our books and flash cards are brailled in contracted (grade two)
Braille with clear plastic strips which are placed on or near the printed
text. Our word flash cards are written in both grades one and two Braille so
that readers can learn spelling as well as contracted forms of words. Our
Dr. Seuss learning clocks are a great way to teach children to tell time.
  Our materials are shipped free of charge. Please allow two weeks for
delivery within the United States.
  Beulah Reimer Legacy is also on Facebook. "Like" Beulah Reimer Legacy to
receive information about drawings, book give aways, the book of the month
and other promotions.

Recommended Reading
March-April 2014

  Spring is a time for new beginnings. BRL has books for all occasions
including a wide variety of books about St. Patrick's Day, Easter, spring
and renewal. All books listed below are six dollars unless otherwise noted.

  Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean it!) Going to Move
- Judith Viorst
$8
Alexander's dad has a new job clear across the country. His family is
getting ready to move, but Alexander is determined to stay behind.

  Arthur's April Fool
- Marc Brown
Binky Barnes, the class bully is out to get Arthur. But Arthur gets even
when he plays an April Fool's joke on Binky.

  Chicken Little
Pictures by Laura Rader
Chicken Little thinks the sky is falling and sets out to tell the king.

  Clifford's Puppy Days
The Little Blue Easter Egg
- Tisha Hamilton
Clifford and Emily Elizabeth go on an Easter egg hunt at the park. They find
eggs of all colors including a little blue egg that turns out to be a
robin's egg.

  Green Eggs and Ham
- Dr. Seuss (hard cover)
$8
This classic Dr. Seuss rhyme tells the story of Sam-I am who insists that he
does not like green eggs and ham, until he is persuaded to try them.

  Little Rabbit Waits for the Moon
- Beth Shoshan (hard cover)
$8
Perfect for bedtime, this story is about a little rabbit who falls asleep
while waiting for the moon.

  The Chick that Wouldn't Hatch
- Claire Daniel
An egg rolls out of Hen's nest and goes on a wild ride.

  The Night Before St. Patrick's Day
- Natasha Wing
Join in the fun when two children set out to catch a leprechaun.

  The Story of Peter Rabbit
- Beatrix Potter (board book)
$12
This is the classic tale of Peter, the naughty little rabbit and his
mischievous caper into Mr. McGregor's garden. Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail
are three good little bunnies who spend their day gathering blackberries
down the lane. But Peter runs off to Mr. McGregor's garden and squeezes
under the gate!

  There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!
- Lucille Colandro
This fun St. Patrick's Day book starts with the old lady swallowing a
clover. Each turn of the page leads to another comical item that the old
lady swallows.

Happy reading.

April L. Enderton
phone: 515-282-0049