[nfbwatlk] Old Liberty Theater show!

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:45:27 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd send this announcement out for those who are interested.  This
would probably apply mostly to folks in the Vancouver area.  Attached is a
flyer, which I hope can be passed on.

You guys all know our own Don Mitchell and his trio called "Three Together",
right?  They're having a concert at the Old Liberty theater on January 30th.
You won't want to miss it, for sure!  Also, my group "Fine Company" will be
doing a short opening set for this concert.  So, you guys can get to know
who we are if you've not heard us.

The text of the PDF is pasted below as well.

Hope to see some of you there.

Jim

old liberty show.pdf

3

Tight Harmony

Three Together morphed from the Don Mitchell and Judy Koch Duo into a 3-part
tight-harmony trio when Doug Smith joined in late 1997. They strive to blend

difficult or exacting vocal parts with easy-to-hear guitar and flute. Three
Together play Folk and Pop music from "our era" to make it fun for each
audience.

Doug Smith is both an International fingerstyle guitar champion and a Grammy
winner, whose praises are sung by everyone from legendary fingerstyle master

Alex DeGrassi to movie critic Leonard Malton.

Songs with that campfire feeling

Fine Company, comprising Jim Portillo and Bill Murlin, expand upward and
outward from a classic folk music base to put a creative, entertaining stamp
on

a range of enjoyable songs and tunes. Their music includes history,
relationships, social scenes and humor, all backed with solid
instrumentation. Deb

Blakewood, Vancouver, Wash., is an accomplished singer-songwriter and
multi-instrumentalist, most recently specializing on the bass.

Sat. Jan 30th 7:30 pm

Admission $15

The Old Liberty Theater

in downtown Ridgefield, Washington.

Tickets available by calling 360 887-7260,

or available at the Theater coffee shop.