[NFBWATLK] Washington Seminar update

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 03:18:34 UTC 2019

Our meetings went very well today. Thanks everyone for making calls. Our meeting with Senator Cantwell went exceptionally well and was a great way to end our day today. She is on the senate Finance Committee and will be co-sponsoring the Access Technology Affordability Act. She is also very interested in the other 2 issues and will, I believe, co-sponsor them.

In addition to our 4 appointments today we also stopped at the office of Representative Kim Schrier, 8th district. She is new to Congress and has not yet hired her legislative staff. We dropped off the Washington Seminar packet for her chief of Staff and will be following up.

Appointments for Wednesday, January 30 (all times are EST)
10:30 am
Cathy McMorris Rodgers
5th district
meeting with Representative McMorris Rodgers
Phone: 202-225-2006

2 pm
Senator Patty Murray
meeting with Jake Cornett, disability issues staff lead
Phone: 202-224-2621

Kris Colcock reminded me today that it is just as important for folks to call the Congressional offices in the days and weeks ahead as it is to call now. This is how we keep our issues in front of our representatives. It greatly increases our chances of gaining their support.

Thanks everyone!