[NFBWATLK] Washington seminar update

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 03:00:32 UTC 2019

Good evening,

Today was another productive day on the Hill. We had a very positive meeting with Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers. There is some new employment legislation being introduced which, while not containing all of the provisions we want in our Disability Employment Act, does contain language phasing out the subminimum wage provisions in current law. Representative McMorris Rodgers has agreed to be the prime Republican sponsor of this bill, with Representative Bobby Scott (D-Virginia) as the lead sponsor. We will send out the bill number and more information about it soon.

We also had a very good meeting with Jake Cornett from Senator Murray’s office. He is her lead disability issues staff person. Senator Murray is strongly committed to ensuring that all workers are paid at least the minimum wage.

We also dropped off information at Representative Rick Larsen’s office and will be following up with both his DC and local offices.

Appointments for Thursday, January 31
11 am
meeting with Elizabeth Daniels, Legislative Assistant  for Representative Dan Newhouse
4th district
202-225-5816

11:40 am
meeting with Emily Kolano, legislative assistant for Representative Denny Heck
10th district
202-225-9740

meeting with Anna Breen, legislative assistant for Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler
Time: TBA
3rd district
202-225-3536

meeting with Kyle Hill, legislative assistant for Representative Suzan DelBene
Time: TBA
1st district
202-225-6311

Let your Representative hear from you, both this week and in the days and weeks ahead. Thank you for all of the support you are providing. It really does make a difference.

Thanks,

Marci