[NFBWATlk] Feds Tell Voc Rehab Agencies Not To Limit Services To In-State Options - Disability Scoop - August 27, 2024

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 27 18:19:46 UTC 2024

OK, so it says: and I quote:

"Vocational rehabilitation should pay for out-of-state services
including postsecondary programs for those with autism or intellectual
disabilities if similar options cannot be found within their borders,
federal officials say."

If I am reading this correctly, this may mean that we as Blind
Washingtonians will have soooooo much greater access to training
programs and training centers offered by the NFB and this also may mean
that DSB will have absolutely NO choice but to oblige by their blind
client's keen interest in furthering their philosophy of blindness,
mindset and skills sets with going to an NFB sponsored training center?

Wow! I if only the Feds would have made this decision about 10 years ago
when I was going through college and needing my own skill development!
This impending ruling will have significant positive consequences for
many of our newer members of the NFBW as well as soooo many students who
want to learn about the NFB and get the alternative blindness skills
they so need and DSB can finally send more people to either the Colorado
or Louisiana Centers for the Blind and / or the Blind Inc. or BISM in
Maryland. I think this is huge news. Kudos for those federal people in
finally making the right decisions for our disability communities!