[Nfbwv-talk] accessible readers

Karen McDonald karen at eioproductions.com
Tue Apr 10 15:35:49 UTC 2012

Hello, all of you whose addciction is reading and others
interested persons

I thought I'd found a gold mine this morning when I discovered
that a book I was looking for is available on Simon and Schuster
as an ebook.  I don't yet have an IPhone, Nook, or Kindle but
something was mentioned on the site called Adobe Digital Editions
and I thought that maybe I could download the book and read it on
my PC with my screen reader or perhaps even with a Pac Mate
detachable Braille display.  I can't abide the voices with Kindle
for PC so that's not an option for me.  I installed this software
and I find that it's completely inaccessible unless there is
something I'm missing.  I am surprised because Adobe is
accessible and I thought this digital editions software would be,
too.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Karen