[Nfbwv-talk] Fw: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Meet the Blind Month Announcement andMaterials

charlene smyth cs.nfbwv at frontier.com
Sat Aug 18 22:44:02 UTC 2012

Colleagues:

The following announcement about Meet the Blind Month and the included
attachments come from Mika Baugh of our Jernigan Institute.

Jason Ewell

========================

Dear Federationists:

            As you are aware, Meet the Blind Month is around the corner. As
we begin to plan events, it is important to remember the purpose of this
month: to increase awareness of and support for the National Federation of
the Blind. This year we will be implementing two challenges. The first
challenge is to come up with an innovative and unique event to promote the
NFB in the local community. The second challenge is designed for those
affiliates who did not host an event last year. Each event hosted by one of
these affiliates will earn one entry into a drawing for a prize. These
challenges are meant to be fun. The top events will be voted on in the first
weeks of November by anyone who wishes to participate. Voting will take
place on the Meet the Blind Month Homepage and over the phone. The ideal
events should not consist solely of passing out literature or tabling,
however this does not mean these events should be excluded from the regular
Meet the Blind Month activities. Please read the attached campaign
guidelines document for further information about the challenges

            There are many resources available, which can be found on the
Meet the Blind Month Homepage
www.nfb.org/meettheblindmonth<http://www.nfb.org/meettheblindmonth>  as well
as attached to this email. These resources include the campaign guidelines,
event submission form, two sample proclamations, a form to order materials
from the Independence Market, a t-shirt order form, and the Meet the Blind
Month events calendar.

            It is important that all scheduled events are reported to me by
e-mail, mbaugh at nfb.org<mailto:mbaugh at nfb.org>, or phone, (410) 659-9314,
extension 2371 ahead of time to ensure the event is listed on the Meet the
Blind Month Event Calendar. This will allow individuals to learn of local
Meet the Blind Month activities and provide them with enough time to plan to
attend.

            If you have any questions about Meet the Blind Month please
contact me by e-mail, mbaugh at nfb.org<mailto:mbaugh at nfb.org>, or phone, (410)
659-9314, extension 2371. I know Meet the Blind Month is going to be great
this year!

Mika Baugh