[Nfbwv-talk] Federationists in Huntington are excited to announce Spring Seminar

Brad Hodges hts25701 at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 18:44:05 UTC 2013

Federation Family

Federation spirits are high here in Huntington following our regular
Chapter Meeting. I must begin by sharing some sad news. The mother of
our member Barbara James passed away early this morning. She was living
in Virginia and I know that several members knew her. We extend our
condolences to Barbara and her entire family.

We are pleased to announce that the NFB Huntington Area Chapter will
present a TriState seminar this year. Mark Saturday May 11 at the Cabell
Public Library in down town Huntington on your calendar and plan to be
with us.

We outlined the schedule at this mornings meeting and all members are
truly excited by what we plan to offer. We have scheduled both a plenary
session and 4 topical breakout sessions addressing important issues
including transportation strategies in the TriState, gaining
independence and learning the skills of blindness, practical technology
topics and more. We can discuss specific program items when we are
together for the Board Meeting next month.

We also note with interest the availability of descriptive movie
technology now available at the Huntington Mall. In something of a
departure from our regular Chapter Meeting format, we will attend a
matinee as a group on Saturday March 23, following a morning work
session for the Seminar. Our chapter may be relatively small in number
but we more than make up for it in energy and the willingness of
everyone to work hard on our projects.

Brad Hodges