[Nfbwv-talk] National Certification in Literary braille

Anita Adkins aadkins at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jun 25 23:37:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

The website, which I will paste below, claims it is $200 to take the test,
but when I took it, it said the same thing, but somehow, was only $150. The
website also provides more info about the test and how to obtain study
materials. When I took the test at WVSB, Sheila Amato (sorry if her name is
misspelled) was the one who administered it, but I do not know if she would
be doing it in this instance. Personally, I have not found a benefit to
passing it, though I suppose I am making WVSB look better by being certified
since I am the Braille teacher. Smile. My reason for taking it is because I
dream of starting a blindness skills company here in WV some day, and I
wanted to be able to show I had some expertise. But, with teaching at WVSB,
I am not positive about when I will be able to start BlindAbility as I am
very busy and also required to get certified in vision just to be able to
teach at WVSB. It may be that I need to get recertified in Braille by the
time I am able to start BlindAbility.  Just FYI, the web address is:

http://www.nbpcb.org/pages/NCLBcertificationexaminationprocess.php

Anita