[Nfbwv-talk] Me and the West Virginia Affiliate Needs Your Help

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Mon Aug 4 18:14:08 UTC 2014

Greetings Fellow federationists,

I sent this message out a few weeks ago and unfortunately, got no responses.  Please review the message below.  I would like to encourage everyone to seriously consider completing the form and taking an active part in helping West Virginia's membership grow.

Charlene

Call to Service Invitation

Greetings fellow Federationists. More than in invitation, this is a call for individual action collectively focused. We are at the beginning of a campaign which will organize 75 new NFB chapters and target at least 75 existing chapters for significant increased development. We need at least 75 extraordinarily committed members of our movement to take real ownership of this campaign.  Join the 75 Days of Action committee and be a part of history. With your dedicated effort, this can be one of the most significant programs ever undertaken in the National Federation of the Blind. But, we really do need volunteers from our Federation family to own the campaign.

If you are interested in being one of the committee of 75, please ask your affiliate president to nominate you. Please write a brief paragraph, using the below questions as your guide. Please send your paragraph to 75days at nfb.org<mailto:75days at nfb.org>. We need folks who are willing to give a significant commitment of time, imagination, and energy. Are you able and willing to travel across your state to help organize? Does your schedule allow and are you willing to spend a few days this fall in another city to help organize? Are you willing to spend even a little of your personal funds to help others live the life they want?

What does the Federation mean to you?

What leadership roles have you held in the National Federation of the Blind?

Have you helped to organize a chapter in your affiliate? Another affiliate?  If so, which chapter and affiliate?

What activities, fundraisers, or events have you organized or helped to organize with your chapter or affiliate?

How many hours a week are you willing to commit to the 75 Days of Action campaign?  (There is no minimum or maximum.)

If you want to be a part of the Pride of 75 please write us, no more than a page, and provide at least some of the answers to the above questions. If you have questions about the process and the campaign, please email 75days at nfb.org<mailto:75days at nfb.org>  or call 866-543-6808.  The action is ours to take.