[Nfbwv-talk] U.S. Currency Reader

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Fri Jul 11 18:20:52 UTC 2014

The U.S. Bureau of Engraving was at this year's national convention and those of us who attended the convention could go to their hospitality suite and receive our bill reader which I did.  Please see the below announcement.

Charlene

The U.S. Bureau of Engraving will initiate a four-month pilot where NLS patrons can pre-order a currency reader.  A press release from July 3 states "To receive a currency reader eligible individuals who are currently patrons of NLS need only call 1-888-NLS-READ (888-657-7323); Your account will be noted and a currency reader will be delivered to the address on file."  However, calls to the number provided for the purpose of ordering the currency reader will not be accepted until September 2, 2014.
NOTE:  the delivery of the readers will not begin until January 2015.