[Nfbwv-talk] Jernigan Raffle Tickets

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Mon May 5 15:57:56 UTC 2014

I would like to begin by thanking all of you who purchased Jernigan Fund
Raffle Tickets and all of you who helped sell them.  I appreciate it a
lot.

If there is anyone else interested in purchasing a ticket, please read
the following:

The winner of the Jernigan Raffle will win roundtrip airfare for two to
the 2015 NFB convention in Orlando, Florida along with lodging for the
convention, banquet and convention registration fees for two, and $1,000
spending money.

The cost per ticket is only $10.

Please keep in mind that in the past eight years, West Virginia has sold
two winning tickets.  Don't forget that the chapter that sells the
winning ticket wins $500 for their chapter.

If you want to purchase one or more tickets, please E-mail me or call me
at 304-841-1111.

Are you wondering why you should support such a fund-raiser?  The money
raised is awarded to Federationist who apply for and are chosen to
receive some financial sponsorship that will allow them to attend their
first national convention.  There has been at least one, and sometimes
more, members of our affiliate who have received such sponsorship over
the past eight years and there has been members from every chapter who
have benefitted.

I receive enough tickets every year that amounts to one ticket per
member.  Please help me and our affiliate make this the first year that
we have been able to sell every ticket by encouraging everyone in your
chapter to purchase at least one ticket.

Thank you for all you do in helping West Virginia be a part of our
national movement to "change what it means to be blind".