[Nfbwv-talk] Recipe

Joyce Porter joyce.porter1 at frontier.com
Mon May 5 16:12:14 UTC 2014

Many of you have asked for this recipe  so here it is.

English Toffee Mocha Bars

Note: these can be made in a 9-13-in pan or for a more cake-like bar in a
9-inch square pan.

Ingredients

1 Devil's Food or yellow cake mix;  I use the Devil's food for a more
chocolate flavor but if you don't like chocolate use a yellow cake mix.
Either will give a good result;

1 third cup butter or margarine;

2 eggs;

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk;

1 teaspoon vanilla;

1 half cup English  Toffee Bits;

1 half cup chocolate chips (optional)

1 half cup nuts (optional

1 heaping table spoon instant coffee.

Method:  grease and flour cake pan  .

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl beat at high speed butter, 1 egg and cake mix.  This will
form a crumbly mixture.   Press into cake pan making sure that pan is
thoroughly covered with mixture.  I  use my hands and pound into the  pan.

In a separate bowl                                      beat remaining
ingredients and beat at high speed  until thoroughly mixed.  Pour over crumb
mixture.

Bake 35 minutes.  I usually check after 30 minutes to determine how much
longer cake needs to bake.  This cake  can be served as a cake or as
brownies.

Nuts and chocolate chips can be  eliminated if desired.

The center will appear a bit soft but as the cake cools it will firm up.

This may also   be served with ice cream.  Enjoy.

Joyce Porter