[Nfbwv-talk] FW: National Federation of the Blind Birthday Bash Activity

Charlene Smyth cs.nfbwv at frontier.com
Tue Oct 13 10:45:34 UTC 2015

Please find below a message that President Riccobono request that I share
with you.

Charlene

Dear NFB Affiliate Presidents:

As the end of our seventy-fifth year approaches, I want to take this
opportunity to thank you for being a part of the celebration. We've had a
tremendous year, and we want to keep the party going. On November 16, we
will be throwing a Birthday Bash for the National Federation of the Blind at
Mother's Federal Hill Grill here in Baltimore, and though we wish we could
invite our entire Federation family to join us, we've come up with the next
best thing.

I've attached a Birthday Bash kit to this message so that our chapters can
plan celebrations across the country. Within these documents, you'll find
everything you need to host an event: the overview details the steps needed
to organize the event, including tips for social media promotion; the flyer
template can be customized for any event; and the check insert is something
to be handed out with everyone's guest check as a take-away reminder of the
Birthday Bash.

These parties are a great way to get out in the community and show that
we're living the lives we want. They are also a good way to fundraise; many
restaurants will work with nonprofit organizations who are trying to raise
money by giving them a percentage of the night's earnings.

Please contact Stephanie Witt at  <mailto:switt at nfb.org> switt at nfb.org with
any questions.

Let's go celebrate the Federation we're building every day!

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Phone: (410) 659-9314

Fax: (410) 659-5129

Email: officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono and @NFB_Voice

Web:  <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

blindness is not what holds you back.

We are celebrating our 75th year and planning for the future we will build
together!

Make your contribution
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1>  to that future
now.