[Nfbwv-talk] INVITATION TO JOIN MEMBERS AT LARGE CONFERENCE CALL

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Thu Feb 11 16:06:19 UTC 2016

Fellow Federationists,

Always on the cutting edge of innovation and grand ideas, we in the Members at Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia invite all of our Federation colleagues throughout West Virginia to join us on our next telephone conference call, Sunday, February 14, at 4:00 PM.

All inflated rhetoric aside . . . The Members at Large Chapter meets via telephone conference call on the second Sunday of Each month. Our agenda routinely includes updates on activities and projects involving our state affiliate, and I am sure this is true for other local chapter meetings as well. It occurred to us, however, that other West Virginia Federationists--regardless of chapter affiliation--might wish to take advantage of this opportunity to learn and ask questions about current happenings within the NFBWV. Accordingly, we are inviting you to join us for this Sunday's call to see how the idea works out.

Legislative chairman Brad Hodges will lead off the call with a report on the recent Washington Seminar and follow-up strategies concerning our national legislative agenda. President Charlene Smyth will probably join us as well to report on convention plans and anything else that might be on her mind. As time permits, there will be opportunity for follow-up questions.

When the reports and updates are over, non-members may quietly leave the room if they wish, and the Members at Large will then conduct any necessary chapter business.  I cannot promise that we will follow this format for all future calls, but we will try it a time or two to assess the level of interest and determine the long-term feasibility of the idea.

We will use the Chat City telephone conferencing service which we have used for other NFBWV conference calls in recent months. Complete instructions for using the service will appear at the bottom of this message. If all participants mute their lines during reports, it will reduce the level of noise and interference, and--As always--please DO NOT use a speaker phone. (The sound canceling systems in speaker phones often cause conference call technology to behave in rather unpleasant and annoying ways!)

We hope this turns out to be just one more way to keep us connected with one another and to encourage more individual participation in the work of our movement. I look forward to hearing many of your voices on Sunday.

Cordially,

Ed

Conference Phone Number: 712-432-6498

When you dial this number, you will first hear a brief message telling you how to block the Chat City number.  You will then hear Ruth Roesler's voice with a "terms and conditions" message. You can listen to the entire message or skip it by pressing "pound."

You will then hear a list of options. You can listen to the entire list or press 1 (the one key) to choose chat rooms. You will then be prompted to enter the chat room number, which is 632. (The number 632 is the equivalent of the letters NFB on the telephone keypad.)

After you press the room number, you will hear a short greeting which welcomes you to the conference room of the National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia.

You will then be prompted to state your name and press pound.

When you have done this, you will be entered into the conference.

If you follow the prompts, it's not nearly as complicated as it sounds!