[Nfbwv-talk] NFBWV MEMBERS AT LARGE MEETING REMINDER

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Fri Feb 8 19:34:24 UTC 2019

Dear Chapter Members & Friends,

The Members at Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia will hold its next meeting on Sunday afternoon, February 10, at 4:00 PM.  We will again use the Zoom conferencing platform.  Details for joining the meeting, copied from last month's reminder message, appear below.

The agenda will include a report from state affiliate president Sheri Koch on the recent Washington Seminar, including details on this year's national legislative agenda.  Thus, I am sharing this message with the NFBWV discussion list and inviting any interested affiliate members to join us and learn more about our current legislative efforts.  If you have an opportunity prior to the meeting, I would suggest visiting our national web site and taking a look at this year's legislative fact sheets.

In addition to Sheri's report, we will vote on admitting three new individuals to the Members at Large chapter:  Michelle McKeller, Jimmy McKeller, and Fred Jones.  John Jackson will have an update on our ongoing concerns with Learning Ally's "Link" reading app.  We will also listen to President Riccobono's February release.

I plan to distribute a draft of January's meeting minutes prior to Sunday's meeting.

It promises to be a busy and productive meeting, so plan to join us and invite a friend.

Now here is more than you could ever want to know about using Zoom:  Never mind the fact that the meeting  is identified as an NFBWV Board of Directors meeting.  This is the name I assigned to the "meeting room" when I set it up, and I'll try to correct the name in the future.  Also, don't be confused by the fact that you are told to "meet any time."  A recurring meeting means that it is not necessary to assign a new ID for each meeting of the same organization.

If you are using the Zoom app on a mobile phone, click on the "Join Zoom Meeting" link, and you should be connected directly.  If you join by placing a standard cell phone call, click on the "One Tap Mobile" link, and it should automatically dial the number and enter the meeting ID.

Otherwise, if you join by using any other type of phone, dial any of the numbers listed in the message and enter the nine-digit meeting ID when prompted.  It really doesn't matter which phone number you use.

As we continue to use this platform, the process should become more and more intuitive.  Meanwhile, if you have questions, don't hesitate to call me at 304-788-0129.  What follows is the standard Zoom message containing all of the essential contact information.

* * * * *

Ed McDonald is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFBWV Board of Directors Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/108464122

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,108464122# US (San Jose)