[Nh-north-country] North Country Chapter report/dues for board meeting.

Carmela P. Quail cpq at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 22:52:35 UTC 2008

Hi Gil,
I have been thinking of the chapter a lot lately.  I have several patients
who are blind............they think that their life is over now.   I just
referred one to NHAB....and he was so excited....then he was told that he
had to have vision in order to see the keys to used a voice activated
computer....he is crushed!!!!!! UGH!

I am in favor of paying the $50.00 and would be appreciate if you would give
the report.  I wish that we could re-activate the chapter........I am
limited now due to health issues but am interested in pursuing this.  I know
that Betta really misses the support and think that she may be interested in
being active again also.

Thanks so much to you and Julie and Kylie for all your efforts with the
magic show....great job! Wish I could have been there.  The tech show was a
smashing success...congrats!!!

Also, been meaning to write to the chapter re Brandon Wentworth. He has had
cancer for several months now. He had a full-time job at Wal-Mart and had
short-term disability for a while.  He thought he had long-term disability
but because he didn't read the fine print, he did not have long-term.  He is
without income now and his mother has been very concerned for the family.
She has been asking that someone do some fundraising. I just can't do that
now....but I was wondering if the chapter would consider making a donation
and perhaps he would come back to our chapter too.

I am in favor of meeting.
Cami