[Nj-diabetes-division] Let me introduce myself - Kathy Rawa - akaChatty K...

KARmedtrans at aol.com KARmedtrans at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 01:30:23 UTC 2011

Hello Pat

Very happy to meet you and chat.  I am very familiar with Cedar Grove.  As
a dental hygienist I worked as a temp in a periodontal office on Route 23 in
Cedar Grove.  I grew up in Bergen County in a small town Wallington
(surrounded by Passaic, Garfield, E. Rutherford, WoodRidge).

I am a single parent with a son, James, who is my landlord, lol.  My only
grandchildren is his dog, co owned with his fiance and a bunny named Bugs.

I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 2001 - was on medication and after 2
years taken off and managed by diet and exercise.  Well, times changed and
without having insurance, etc, etc somehow my diabetes went out of control
and I am back.

Only on 2 pills a day but not controlling as well as it should.  Boy after
getting a chart from Vinny about a1c results -- makes me worry.  My numbers
with a result of 7.7 and what that stands for makes me worry.

Do you see an endocrinologist or a regular physician?  Right now I am in
the process of trying to get an endocrinologist.  How are you readings and how
many times a day do you check?

Are you also visually impaired or blind?  Have a guide dog?  I am visually
impaired and just was blessed with my first guide dog, her name is Dorito -
the worldest most spoiled dog, so I have been told.

Well, I will close for now.  And I am glad that I may have influenced you
to listen in.  It is amazing how much can be said over the telephone.  The
most amazing this though was, I never opened my mouth.  You see my nickname is
Chatty Kathy - so you can imagine how difficult or amazing this was. ,lol.

I look forward to chatting again.

Always
Kathy Rawa
aka Chatty Kathy