[Nj-diabetes-division] monitoring

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Sep 21 01:23:40 UTC 2012

This isn’t creative but it is very basic and gets right to the heart of why we have to test.  Just think of all the horrible complications that can happen whenyou neglect to test and let your diabetes get out of control.  Vision loss is a complication, and while it is upsetting when a diabetic goes from totally sighted to either legally blind or totally blind, you can adapt and learn to live with it.  Other complications are not so forgiving.  Kidney failure, amputations of toes, feet or legs and heart attack & stroke to me are extremely frightening and as much as I dislike testing I’d rather test than have any of these complications.

Its not easy, but hang in there you can do it!

Eileen