[Nj-diabetes-division] supply companies

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Feb 13 01:00:45 UTC 2014

I don’t know if you ever got any of your supplies to ship with/from them, but yes in the beginning setting up my information was difficult to say the least.

For what ever reason, they were not getting the faxes my doc’s office was sending them.  Finally, I had them snail-mail me all necessary paperwork, physically brought it into the doctor and waited to get in and then mailed it back to them.  After that things went through and no additional problems.

One additional issue for some is the number of times you are testing per day.  If I remember correctly, it took 3 things from the doctor and not sure if the A1 Diabetes form met all 3 requirements, but it was the prescription stating how many times per day you test, then the form with both doctor’s orders & this served as a letter of medical necessity as well since I am insulin dependant and more than 3 times per day.  You might want to ask for a supervisor at A1 Diabetes and have him/her spell it out for you what is required under Medicare guidelines for coverage.  Ask for their name and a phone number/extension where you can reach that supervisor if you need to call back on followup.

Otherwise, if you are opposed to using them or frustrated from attempts to work outthe problems, then I’d suggest calling the Medicare office and asking them to give you a list of alternate Medicare suppliers that are approved.  Also, before I had my issues resolved, I called my local Rite Aid store and they told me if they had the doc’s perscription for the specific meter “Solus V2” and those strips, Bio-Sense was listed in their book and they could get the products I needed.

Good luck.

Eileen