[Nj-diabetes-division] a 1

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Feb 18 17:09:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I’m not excusing A1 Diabetes, and I know the set-up is really bad and makes for a frustrating situation for us, but they do bill Medicare.  It is the Medicare guidelines for coverage of these supplies that is making this such a difficult situation since there is so much more required paperwork on Medicare’s side and needing to know the reasons why we are testing so frequently.  I suspect other companies will require same or similar documentation, and I don’t know if the followup when they are not hearing back from a doctor’s office is done or not.  It is again difficult for us to get to and from doctor’s offices to do the followup and paperwork that should be sent and received through some type of automated system.

Eileen