[Njabs-talk] brief introduction

Quintina M. Singleton qmsingleton at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 21:57:18 UTC 2008

Sean,

It's great to see you on this list, and a part of NJABS.  No need to worry
about what you didn't do in the past; we'll place our focus on your
participation concerning NJABS now and in the future.

I think you nailed PAM Allen's square watermelon metaphor right on the head.

For those of us not at state convention this year; Pam Allen gave a terrific
presentation concerning making something challenging into something possible
and manageable.

She read a short story regarding farmers, who needed to make large round
watermelons more space saving friendly.  So, they grew them in boxes.
Problem solved!

Of course her presentation was much more elaborate and dazzling.  I'm just
giving the brief version.  (smile)

I also want to take this time to announce to those, who may not know I am no
longer serving as NJABS president.

Evelyn will finish my term, and I am currently vice until next year's
election.

We are growing as a division, and I feel that it's time for someone else to
steer the wheel.  I of course am always there whether I serve on or off the
board.

Thank you all for trusting me to be NJABS organizer and president for the
past two years.  We wouldn't have come this far without all of you.

Congratulations Sean, once again, and welcome to the list.

Best Always,

Tina