[Njabs-talk] Working For Obama

Quintina M. Singleton qmsingleton at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 22:05:07 UTC 2008

For Your Information! Great opportunity!

Tina

In 5 days, the President-Elect will begin in earnest the process of selecting the

people who will staff the next Presidential Administration. The team of people who

serve in the Administration will automatically comprise much of the formal and informal

political leadership of the country for the next two decades. If history is any guide,

the enormity of the challenges of putting together an administration and addressing

the pressing problems of the day will not allow much time for the kinds of outreach

and recruitment that are necessary to find the best talent within underrepresented

communities.

To address this problem, I am happy to announce that I am working with UC Berkeley's

Chief Justice Earl Warren Institute for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity (Warren Institute)

on a project to identify a diverse pool of talented candidates for public service

in the next Presidential Administration.

The objective of the "Diversity in Democracy Project" is to develop a list of 300

highly qualified, experienced professionals and provide these names to key officials

to help in the very difficult job of staffing a new Administration. I'm chairing

the advisory board of this project, and working closely with Maria Echaveste, former

Deputy Chief of Staff to President Clinton, to connect our list of diverse candidates

to the official Presidential Transition efforts underway now.

I'm reaching out to you and others who may know talented people who would be interested

in serving the next Administration (yourself included!). We're seeking resumes of

diverse, talented and experienced individuals with an interest in public sector service

and a demonstrated interest in and commitment to issues of social and economic justice.

We are especially seeking people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with

disabilities, as those are the groups most often overlooked in these kinds of processes.

Please forward or have resumes sent to

talent at Steve

llips.com

If you would like to nominate people and don't have their resumes, please send names,

email addresses and phone numbers to the same address,

talent at Steve

llips.com

and we can follow up with them. Feel free to circulate this message and the instructions

for submittal to your own networks, but please let us know who you are forwarding

to so we can try to avoid duplicative messages.

To be fully considered, resumes must be received no later than November 20, 2008.

We will ensure all resumes get into the Warren Institute process.

Thank you in advance for your time and your help in achieving this critical goal.

If you have any questions, please email me or call (408 ) 540-6073.

In Solidarity and Hope,

Steve Phillips