[Njabs-talk] Need help with Adobe

Sean O'Keefe spo2105 at columbia.edu
Mon Mar 29 00:14:58 UTC 2010

No, I don't think that will work. If the Adobe product that you are
using is Adobe
Reader, then Zoomtext definitely will not read certain PDFs. Many PDFs
are scanned images
that have not been run through some sort of character recognition.
Adobe Reader does not
have this recognition ability. Adobe Acrobat does, but I don't think
that's free. If you
have a scanner, there is a very good chance that you have some sort of
application that
could convert the PDF to a more accessible format. Try to find where
you installed the
scanner and for applications that have the letters "O C R" in the
titles (I don't know
that much about computers, so the terminology may be off). If you
don't have one of these
applications, you might be able to find a free OCR online. I did not
look for one since
one came through my scanner, but I'm sure they're available.