[Njabs-talk] Budget Cut--Urgent--It's Not Over Yet!

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 19:25:18 UTC 2011

FYI:
This is from Carol Castellano, POBC President.

Hello  Everyone,

As you know, the money to save the

teachers of the blind was put back in the budget by both the Democrats and the

Republicans, but the Governor line-item vetoed the funding.  I am happy to

tell you that we have one more chance to try to affect what happens to

the education of blind children in New Jersey.

I received a call from the

Assembly majority office.  They will be holding a special hearing to bring

budget cut issues that affect children to public (and the Governor's)

attention.  Since the override attempts of the Governor's vetoes have not

been successful, they will be using a different strategy.

PLEASE COME

SHOW SUPPORT & TESTIFY about what Commission for the Blind services mean

to your child.  If you or your child testified before, you can use the same

testimony, or change it.  Again WE NEED NUMBERS--parents and kids.

You do not need to register.  They say this is a different kind of hearing

than the others we have attended.

Tuesday, July 19
10

am
Statehouse Annex
Committee Room 11
4th floor
Trenton,

NJ

PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU CAN POSSIBLY

DO THIS.  PLEASE--IT'S OUR LAST CHANCE TO TRY TO SAVE

SERVICES!

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents